One of the key looks on the Spring Summer catwalks was a bright fuchsia or coral lip. Stay on trend for the new season following my tips to re-create this perfect pink pout.
1. Prepare using an exfoliator to get rid of any dry skin. Follow with a good quality lip balm. Kiehls Lip Balm is great. (RRP £12.50)
2. Apply a lip plumper to enhance you natural lip. I like Dior’s Addict Lip Maximizer. With added collagen, it also helps to reduce fine lines. (RRP £21)
3. Outline using a lip pencil the same colour as your chosen lipstick. To create a fuller lip, take the line just slightly outside your natural lip line. Try Mac’s Lip Pencil in Beet. (RRP £12.50)
4. Using a lip brush apply the lipstick blending in to the lip line. If you feel the lipstick is too bright pat the lips with a tissue, then blend down using a clean lip brush. I love Mac’s Speak Louder lipstick. It’s a beautiful cool poppy pink. (RRP £13.50)
5. Lightly powder around the outside of your lips to stop “bleeding”. Try Gentle Light Powder by Clinique. (RRP £20)
- To create a matt look, brush a light translucent powder across the lips.
- For a healthy sheen add some lip balm to your lipstick and a touch of luminizer to your cupids bow.