The classic smoky eye is timeless and can be adapted to create an array of different looks. Charcoals and greys create a dramatic effect and suit most skin tones and eye colours.
Follow my steps to achieve this sexy sultry look!
- Start by applying a thin layer of foundation across your lid up to your brow. Set with a translucent powder. This will provide a base for your eye shadow and stop creasing.
- Take a large eye shadow brush and sweep a light grey powder shadow across the lid taking it just slightly above and across the socket line.
- Using a smaller brush take a darker charcoal or black shadow across the outer lid and up on to the socket line. Blend inwards.
- Blend the two colours together using a large blending brush with a touch of translucent powder. You can add more layers of shadow depending on how dramatic you want the look to be.
- Outline the top of the eye using a black gel or liquid liner. Use a soft kohl liner on the bottom. Join the two lines together so they create a “frame” around the eye.
- Curl your lashes to open your eyes, then, apply a generous layer of mascara to top and bottom lashes.
- For extra impact add individual lashes on the outer corners of your eyes. Look down in to a mirror and apply using tweezers. Add more mascara if needed.
Powder shadows tend to drop down on to your skin when applying. Always apply your eye make up first, wipe away excess, and then apply foundation to the rest of your face.