At last night’s Golden Globes we saw Hollywood glamour at its best, and guess what? There wasn’t a fake strip lash, tattooed brow or hair extension in sight.
Reese Witherspoon, Charlize Theron and Nicole Kidman all chose to play down their classic coutures and enhance their natural beauty with nude make up, healthy skin and tousled shiny locks. Kate Beckinsdale, Kate Winslet and Madge opted for a defined eye, paired with nude lips, fresh skin and a pretty peach blush.
Nude doesn’t have to be natural. You can glam it up or play it down. From a couture gown to beach chic, it works with everything.
Here are some of my favourite products to re-create the perfect Hollywood nude glow:
- Sleek Make Up. I-divine from The Nudes collection, £6.49.
- 10 nude shades suitable for all skin tones.
- Dior. 5 Colour Eyeshadows in Rosy Tan, £40. 5 nude shades with a touch of shimmer.
- Sleek Make Up. Brow Kit, £7.50. Use the wax and powder combination to create natural definition.
- Clinique. Powder Blush in Innocent Peach, £20.00. Brush on the apples for a fresh peachy glow.
- Dior. Diorskin Bronze Original Tan Bronzing Powder, £27.50. For an ultra quick nude look brush across eyelids and on apples of cheeks.
- MAC. MAC Lipstick in Crème d’nude, £13.50. A moisturising peachy beige with a slight sheen.
- MAC. Viva Glam Gaga, £13.50. A light warm beige, add a touch of gloss for extra glamour.
- Bobbi Brown. Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Sepia Ink ,£16.50. A rich brown liner that glides on. Outline eyes to add definition.
- NARS. The Multiple. Various shades, £29.50. Use on eyes, lips and cheeks for a healthy nude glow.