Love it or hate it, single or betrothed, St Valentines day is almost upon us. Try one of my “special seven” suggestions to make it a fabulous day for everyone!
1. Pheromonic: Some believe pheromone-like perfumes attract others by intensifying our natural pheromones. Well, its worth a try… Molecule 01 (unisex) “lends an indefinable allure to the wearer”, available from Harvey Nichols. (RRP £64.50)
2. Girls Night In: Get the girls together and head to the Hotel Du Vin and Spa in Harrogate. They offer a great “girls night in” package which includes a bottle of house wine, nibbles, a body polish and tan or a back scrub and massage, all with a continental breakfast thrown in the next morning! (RRP £110 per person)
3. C is for Chocolate: Yes, we are allowed actually, because it does have health benefits. It has been said that chocolate has antioxidant qualities and also increases our serotonin levels, making us feel happy. Hurrah! Hotel Chocolat has a great range, including Champagne and Oyster chocolates for a Valentines treat. (RRP £12)
4. Smelling of Roses: Crabtree and Evelyn’s, Evelyn Rose Eau de Parfum, is floral bouquet of English rose, jasmine and violet that will leave you smelling fresh and rosy. (RRP £31)
5. Looking Peachy: Get your skin fresh and glowing to woo your Valentine. Elemis have spa locations nationwide and offer a Modern Skin Facial. A purifying treatment to remove toxins, rebalance and rejuvenate! (RRP £50)
6. Pink Kisses: Clinique have a special Valentines limited addition set of gorgeous pink, vitamin c enriched, lip glosses. Smoothie Kisses. (RRP £22.50, £4.00 of which goes to the Kiss It Better charity for Great Ormond Street)
7. And Finally… For Him: Molton Brown’s award winning Black Pepper range is fab! Packed with Madagascan black peppercorns to energize and create a spicy aroma! Try the Black Pepper gift set with shower gel and fragrance. (RRP £53.50)